Our Mission Statement
MCAFCC mission is to join together to collaborate, network, advocate, nurture and train caregivers with the common goal of enhancing the lives of families and securing the welfare of the children in the Monterey County’s Foster Program.
MCAFCC’s vision is to collaborate its efforts with community partners whom share the belief that “Together–heart to heart, we can have the greatest impact on enhancing the lives of families and children in our community”.
Our primary objectives and purposes are as follows:
- To establish a local chapter of the California State Foster Parent Association bringing together all foster care providers, agency personnel and interested community citizens who wish to work together for the same purposes set forth below.
- To promote the general welfare of children and youth that need protective care (out of home placement) everywhere – at home, in the community, in institutions and in public, private and religious schools.
- To promote cooperation, communication and understanding between those providing care for children and the general public and all organizations/agencies involved in the lives of children in the dependency system by encouraging and maintaining communications, and the interchange of ideas and cooperation between the caregivers, county agencies and communities.
- To cooperate, advocate and take actions necessary to improve foster care services.
- To encourage recruitment and retention of foster caregivers and others working in the field of foster care.
- To encourage community involvement and offer training and education of those who provide care to children in the dependency system.
- To inform the foster care community of the current information pertaining to the welfare of children.
- Not withstanding the above statements, the chapter shall not, except for insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purpose.